Chevrolet Spark Owners Manual: OnStar Additional Information
Press to request account transfer
eligibility information. The Advisor can assist in canceling or removing account information.
Selling/Transferring the Vehicle
Call 1-888-4-ONSTAR immediately to terminate your OnStar services if the vehicle is disposed of, sold, transferred, or if the lease ends.
Reactivation for Subsequent Owners
Press and follow the prompts to
speak to an Advisor as soon as possible. The Advisor will update vehicle records and explain the OnStar service options available.
How OnStar Service Works
Automatic Crash Response, Emergency Services, Crisis Assist, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Vehicle Diagnostics, Remote Door Unlock, Roadside Assistance, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, and Hands-Free Calling are available on most vehicles. Not all OnStar services are available everywhere or on all vehicles. For more information, a full description of OnStar services, system limitations, and OnStar terms and conditions:
- Call 1-888-4-ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827).
- See www.onstar.com (U.S.).
- See www.onstar.ca (Canada).
- Call TTY 1-877-248-2080.
- Press to speak with an Advisor.
OnStar services cannot work unless the vehicle is in a place where OnStar has an agreement with a wireless service provider for service in that area. The wireless service provider must also have coverage, network capacity, reception, and technology compatible with OnStar services. Service involving location information about the vehicle cannot work unless GPS signals are available, unobstructed, and compatible with the OnStar hardware. OnStar services may not work if the OnStar equipment is not properly installed or it has not been properly maintained. If equipment or software is added, connected, or modified, OnStar services may not work. Other problems beyond the control of OnStar may prevent service such as hills, tall buildings, tunnels, weather, electrical system design and architecture of the vehicle, damage to the vehicle in a crash, or wireless phone network congestion or jamming.
See Radio Frequency Statement on page 13-12.
Services for People with Disabilities
Advisors provide services to help subscribers with physical disabilities and medical conditions.
Press for help with:
- Locating a gas station with an attendant to pump gas.
- Finding a hotel, restaurant, etc., that meets accessibility needs.
- Providing directions to the closest hospital or pharmacy in urgent situations.
OnStar has the ability to communicate to deaf, hard-of-hearing, or speech-impaired customers while in the vehicle. The available dealer-installed TTY system can provide in-vehicle access to all of the OnStar services, except Virtual Advisor and OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation.
OnStar Personal Identification Number (PIN)
A PIN is needed to access some of the OnStar services, like Remote Door Unlock and Stolen Vehicle Assistance. The PIN will need to be changed the first time when speaking with an Advisor. To change the OnStar PIN, contact an OnStar Advisor by pressing or calling 1-888-4-ONSTAR.
OnStar equipment may be warranted as part of the vehicle warranty.
The vehicle can be programmed to respond in multiple languages.
Press and ask for an Advisor.
Advisors are available in English, Spanish, and French. Available languages may vary by country.
OnStar cannot perform Remote Door Unlock or Stolen Vehicle Assistance after the vehicle has been off continuously for five days.
After five days, OnStar can contact Roadside Assistance and a locksmith to help gain access to the vehicle.
Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Obstruction of the GPS can occur in a large city with tall buildings; in parking garages; around airports; in tunnels, underpasses; or in an area with very dense trees. If GPS signals are not available, the OnStar system should still operate to call OnStar. However, OnStar could have difficulty identifying the exact location.
- In emergency situations, OnStar can use the last stored GPS location to send to emergency responders.
A temporary loss of GPS can cause loss of the ability to send a Turn-by-Turn Navigation route. The Advisor may give a verbal route or may ask for a call back after the vehicle is driven into an open area.
Cellular and GPS Antennas
Do not place items over or near the antenna to prevent blocking cellular and GPS signal reception. Cellular reception is required for OnStar to send remote signals to the vehicle.
Unable to Connect to OnStar Message
If there is limited cellular coverage or the cellular network has reached maximum
capacity, this message may come on. Press
to try the call again or try again
after driving a few miles into another cellular area.
Vehicle and Power Issues
OnStar services require a vehicle electrical system, wireless service, and GPS satellite technologies to be available and operating for features to function properly. These systems may not operate if the battery is discharged or disconnected.
Add-on Electrical Equipment
The OnStar system is integrated into the electrical architecture of the vehicle. Do not add any electrical equipment. See Add-On Electrical Equipment on page 9-39. Added electrical equipment may interfere with the operation of the OnStar system and cause it to not operate.
The complete OnStar Privacy Statement may be found at www.onstar.com (U.S.),
or www.onstar.ca (Canada). We recommend that you review it. If you have any questions,
call 1-888-4-ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827) or press
to speak with an Advisor. Users of
wireless communications are cautioned that the privacy of any information sent via wireless cellular communications cannot be assured. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions and private communications without consent.
OnStar - software acknowledgements
Certain OnStar components include libcurl and unzip software and other third party software. Below are the notices and licenses associated with libcurl and unzip and for other third party software please see http://www.lg.com/global/support/ opensource/index and https://www.onstar.com/web/portal/ getdocuments
COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSION NOTICE
Copyright (c) 1996 - 2010, Daniel Stenberg, <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
All rights reserved.
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Except as contained in this notice, the name of a copyright holder shall not be used in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale, use or other dealings in this Software without prior written authorization of the copyright holder.
unzip: This is version 2005-Feb-10 of the Info-ZIP copyright and license.
The definitive version of this document should be available at ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ license.html indefinitely.
Copyright (c) 1990-2005 Info-ZIP. All rights reserved.
For the purposes of this copyright and license, “Info-ZIP” is defined as the following set of individuals: Mark Adler, John Bush, Karl Davis, Harald Denker, Jean-Michel Dubois, Jean-loup Gailly, Hunter Goatley, Ed Gordon, Ian Gorman, Chris Herborth, Dirk Haase, Greg Hartwig, Robert Heath, Jonathan Hudson, Paul Kienitz, David Kirschbaum, Johnny Lee, Onno van der Linden, Igor Mandrichenko, Steve P. Miller, Sergio Monesi, Keith Owens, George Petrov, Greg Roelofs, Kai
Uwe Rommel, Steve Salisbury, Dave Smith, Steven M. Schweda, Christian Spieler, Cosmin Truta, Antoine Verheijen, Paul von Behren, Rich Wales, Mike White.
This software is provided “as is,” without warranty of any kind, express or implied. In no event shall Info-ZIP or its contributors be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use this software.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, definition, disclaimer, and this list of conditions.
- Redistributions in binary form (compiled executables) must reproduce the above copyright notice, definition, disclaimer, and this list of conditions in documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. The sole exception to this condition is redistribution of a standard UnZipSFX binary (including SFXWiz) as part of a self-extracting archive; that is permitted without inclusion of this license, as long as the normal SFX banner has not been removed from the binary or disabled.
- Altered versions–including, but not limited to, ports to new operating systems, existing ports with new graphical interfaces, and dynamic, shared, or static library versions–must be plainly marked as such and must not be misrepresented as being the original source. Such altered versions also must not be misrepresented as being Info-ZIP releases–including, but not limited to, labeling of the altered versions with the names “Info-ZIP” (or any variation thereof, including, but not limited to, different capitalizations), “Pocket UnZip,” “WiZ” or “MacZip” without the explicit permission of Info-ZIP. Such altered versions are further prohibited from misrepresentative use of the Zip-Bugs or Info-ZIP e-mail addresses or of the Info-ZIP URL(s).
- Info-ZIP retains the right to use the names “Info-ZIP,” “Zip,” “UnZip,” “UnZipSFX,” “WiZ,” “Pocket UnZip,” “Pocket Zip,” and “MacZip” for its own source and binary releases.
If the dome lamps are in the DOOR position, they come on automatically when the key is removed from the ignition. The exterior lamps and dome lamps remain on after the door is closed for a set amount of time, then automatically turn off. The headlamps, parking lamps, and back-up lamps will turn ...
Where to Put the Restraint
According to accident statistics, children and infants are safer when properly restrained in a child restraint system or infant restraint system secured in a rear seating position. Whenever possible, children aged 12 and under should be secured in a rear seating position. Never put a rear-fa ...
Roadside Assistance Program
For U.S.-purchased vehicles, call 1-800-243-8872. (Text Telephone (TTY): 1-888-889-2438.) For Canadian-purchased vehicles, call 1-800-268-6800. Service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calling for Assistance When calling Roadside Assistance, have the following information ready: ...