Chevrolet Spark Owners Manual: OnStar Overview
Voice Command Button
Blue OnStar Button
This vehicle may be equipped with a comprehensive, in-vehicle system that can connect to a live OnStar Advisor for Emergency, Security, Navigation, Connection, and Diagnostic Services. OnStar services may require a paid subscription. OnStar requires the vehicle battery and electrical system, cellular service, and GPS satellite signals to be available and operating. OnStar acts as a link to existing public emergency service providers. OnStar may collect information about you and your vehicle, including location information. See OnStar’s Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement for more details including system limitations at www.onstar.com (U.S.) or www.onstar.ca (Canada).
The OnStar system status light is next to the OnStar buttons. If the status light is:
- Solid Green: System is on.
- Flashing Green: On a call.
- Red: Indicates a problem.
- Off: System is off. Press
twice to speak with an OnStar Advisor.
Press or call 1-888-4-ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827)
to speak to an Advisor.
- Make a call, end a call, or answer an incoming call.
- Give OnStar Hands-Free Calling voice commands.
- Give OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation voice commands.
Requires a specific OnStar subscription plan.
- Obtain the WiFi network name, or Service Set Identifier or SSID, and passphrase (if equipped).
Press to connect to a live
- Verify account information or update contact information.
- Get driving directions. Requires a specific OnStar subscription plan.
- Receive On-Demand Diagnostics for a check of the vehicle’s key operating systems.
- Receive Roadside Assistance.
- Manage WiFi Settings (if equipped).
Press to get a priority connection
to an OnStar Emergency Advisor available 24/7 to:
- Get help for an emergency.
- Be a Good Samaritan or respond to an AMBER Alert.
- Get assistance in severe weather or other crisis and evacuation routes.
Engine Oil Pressure Light
Caution Lack of proper engine oil maintenance can damage the engine. Driving with the engine oil low can also damage the engine. The repairs would not be covered by the vehicle warranty. Check the oil level as soon as possible. Add oil if required, but if the oil level is within the operatin ...
How to Add Coolant to the Coolant Surge Tank
Caution This vehicle has a specific coolant fill procedure. Failure to follow this procedure could cause the engine to overheat and be severely damaged. If no problem is found, check to see if coolant is visible in the coolant surge tank. If coolant is visible but the coolant level is not at t ...
Driver Information Center (DIC) The DIC displays information about the vehicle. It also displays warning messages if a system problem is detected. See Vehicle Messages on page 5-26. All messages appear in the DIC display in the instrument cluster. DIC Operation and Displays The DIC has differ ...